Sunday, January 27, 2013

Speak To Your Soul


Speak To Your Soul

You, like me, have waited for what seems like a lifetime to experience the sublime,
to engage love in depth ‘agape’ and ‘eros’ intertwined
never content with the shallow mind – of nitwitted impersonators attempting to convince us that their darkness could enhance our shine, facilitate our grind and free us from all that binds.
Though we have never met, crossed gazes, or explored intimacy within the confines of what is accepted, we are connected.
Your heartbeat provides life to me, if I were to be cut, you would bleed
When I pray God fulfills your needs, when I inhale you breath
Your yearnings move my being, and sets me into motion to insure that what you yearn you are receiving.
My heart feels your pain and every past hurt at the hands of another man, it knows the regret you feel when you contemplate the fact that what caressed the simplicity of your love was not my hand.
You rarely admit it, but you often think of me during those quiet moments
Wondering if I will ever come and end your loneliness
There have been many that attempted to speak sweet nothings with pretentious assumptions that were brash and bold.
As for me, though I know that I can tantalite your intellect, I would rather speak to your soul!



I would rather speak to the inner recesses of your very being
I would rather speak to that part of you that needs to know upon my arrival I will never be leaving.
I need to speak to the deepest yearnings that are locked away and protected
I need to speak to the part that has shut down from fear of being rejected
That part that has every wrong tallied and collected
Every scar cataloged and conversation dissected.
I need to speak to your fears and the darkness that takes away your breath
The anxiety that is robbing you of what peace you have left
I want to speak to the child that never knew her father
The ex-wife that thought she could save the marriage if she just fought harder
I want to speak to the mother that has done all for her kids, but continues to wonder if she could have did more than what she did.
I want to speak to the woman that has been broken and left to linger just past hope
The woman who decided not to give up and tied a knot at the end of her rope
I want to speak to the part of you that struggles to be whole,
I will speak to your soul



Touching you as my words move through the annals of time to speak into every situation
My love encapsulated by faith allows me to circumvent time’s design to enter your past bringing emancipation
Touching you as my spirit bears your spirit, the two becoming intricately intertwined as they combine, solidified through the inextricable connection of spirit, body & mind
The complex enigmas that have troubled you I will define
As I simplistically an carefully unwind
The tension that binds the joy that was planted by Christ’s love divine.
I will speak to the doubts that restrain your hope and subdue your expectations
I will reveal the outcome of every struggle allowing you to rejuvenate your anticipation,
Look forward to our relation, and the inexplicable gravitation
Of me towards you, rapidly, yet in total control
I will speak to your soul

Dr. Rick Wallace



I will speak to the woman that has never truly experienced love from a man
She’s been lied to, spit on, and abused at every chance
I will speak to her cries of loneliness, letting her know that it is time to move on with this
Replacing her trepidation with exceptional bliss, painting portraits of wedding vows sealed with a kiss.
Consummated through a physical passion that reflects God’s design
The design that reveals that I am yours and you are mine.
Knowing that the coming together makes us one and completely whole
But before touching you I would have spoken to your soul!


No comments:

Post a Comment