Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Radical Faith

The following testimony was posted on a comment field in a discussion about faith. I decided to share it with the masses. My grandfather's faith during this time was the foundation of my faith that dares to believe God for the impossible. All I can say is, "Read and Praise!"

At 78 years old my grandfather's body begin to swell in ways that could not be explained. After a series of test, he was diagnosed with Stage 4 leukemia, and the prognosis was 2 weeks or less he would be dead. The doctor told my grandmother and I that we did not need to worry him with it, they could simply sedate him and he would die comfortably in his sleep. My grand mother said no, you are going to tell him just in case there is something that he has not settle with God or others. So when the doctor told my grandfather he had to weeks to live, my grandfather looked at the doctor and this is what he said: "Doc, I'm sure your went to school for a very long time to learn all you needed to know to be able to tell me what you just told me. I'm not an educated man, in the way of books and schooling, but I know something that is extremely powerful and that is that God is good and God is able. I'm sorry, but in two weeks I will not be dead. I am not leaving this place until I get to walk down the isles of my church and praise my God." The lead doctor was an atheist and shrugged it off. Well my grandfather lived five more years and through many more predictions of his demise. Finally, the atheist doctor came to me and said I have become convinced that your father will not leave this earth until he gets good and ready, there is truly a God in heaven. You see brother Breaux faith is so powerful that it transcends facts. Faith is so powerful as it moves through the life of those willing to believe in a way so powerful that it converts the non-believer. Faith shakes of doubt and presses on.



That is faith people. I tell you that the same God that my grandfather served is the same God we serve. Stand in faith and claim all that God has for you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment