Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Hold Fast to What You Have!


"Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown" (Rev. 3:11).

George Mueller bears this testimony, "When it pleased God in July, 1829, to reveal to my heart the truth of the personal return of the Lord Jesus, and to show me that I had made a great mistake in looking for the conversion of the world, the effect that it produced upon me was this: From my inmost soul I was stirred up to feel compassion for perishing sinners, and for the slumbering world around me lying in the wicked one, and considered, 'Ought I not to do what I can for the Lord Jesus while He tarries, and to rouse a slumbering church?"'

There may be many hard years of hard work before the consummation, but the signs are to me so encouraging that I would not be unbelieving if I saw the wing of the apocalyptic angel spread for its last triumphal flight in this day's sunset; or if tomorrow morning the ocean cables should thrill us with the news that Christ the Lord had alighted on Mount Olivet or Mount Calvary to proclaim universal dominion. O you dead churches wake up! O Christ, descend! Scarred temple, take the crown! Bruised hand, take the sceptre! Wounded foot, step the throne! Thine is the kingdom. --Rev. T. DeWitt Talmage, D. D.

***


Hold on to that which you have. You have been given the truth of the gospel and that truth has worked in you to develop a faith that is the force that moves you through this ethereal journey of Christianity. You must not let go of that which you have now; that thing that allows you to stand and persevere when others will quit and fall by the wayside. Hold fast to that faith that believes all things are possible. Hold fast to that faith that declares that you work in the kingdom will not be in vein. Hold fast to that faith that promises that Christ is returning for a Church without a spot nor wrinkle and that you are a part of that Church.

Dr. Rick Wallace
The crown is rewarded to the one that wins his race. The Apostle Paul said that he had fought a good fight, he had kept the faith, and he had finished the course and finally there was laid up for him a crown of righteousness. You must hold on to your faith and that truth that establishes and under-girds your faith. For it is your faith that will provide the power to victoriously navigate the labyrinthine corridors of this life.


Hold on to all that you have been given in the way of fortitude, purpose, identity and destiny. Your Crown awaits you. ~ Dr. Rick Wallace

No comments:

Post a Comment