Friday, October 26, 2012

We Are Valuable


We Are Valuable

 Today's MP3
Value is now measured by two criteria: appearance and performance.  Where does that leave the ugly or uneducated?  Where hope does that offer the unborn child? The aged?  The handicapped? Not much at all. We become nameless numbers on mislaid lists.

This is man’s value system.  But it is not God’s.  His plan is much brighter.  In God’s book man is heading somewhere.  He has an amazing destiny.

We’re being prepared to walk down the church aisle and become the bride of Jesus. We’re going to live with him.  Share the throne with him. We count.  We’re valuable.

Jesus’ love does not depend on what we do for him. If there was anything that Jesus wanted everyone to understand it was this: A person is worth something simply because he is a person. That’s why Jesus treated people the way he did.

You have value simply because you are! ~ Max Lucado

***********

One of the greatest challenges of believers in this contemporary culture is the lack of identity or a fraudulent source of identity. So many in this culture assign worth based on superficial factors, such as IQ, stature, education, accomplishment, social status and bank accounts. This is not Biblical .

Your worth is written in the extravagant details of your DNA. Your Worth is in the knowledge of your origin. You were designed and crafted by the master craftsman Himself. Your value is in the fact that God values you.

Let's take a look at what Christ has to say on the matter:

The Sheep and the Goats

31 “When the Son of Man comes(A) in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne.(B) 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate(C) the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.(D) 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom(E) prepared for you since the creation of the world.(F) 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,(G) 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me,(H) I was sick and you looked after me,(I) I was in prison and you came to visit me.’(J)

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’(K)

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me,(L) you who are cursed, into the eternal fire(M) prepared for the devil and his angels.(N) 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’(O)

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life. (Matt. 25:31-46, AMP)


Wow! Amazingly powerful! Christ has equated the least with the greatest. There is no partiality. Christ values the pauper as well as the prince, with no partiality given to either. As believers we should view this in the same light.

No matter who you are, God values you beyond measure. How much does he value you? He values you so much that, in the form of Christ, He came down and died in order that you might have a right to eternal fellowship with Him.

The value of every person extends beyond temporal possessions or financial status. So the next time you are tempted to assign value based on worldly standards, I encourage you to take the time to examine the person closely as observe the fingerprint of God ingrained in the uniqueness of their facial features. I would have you ponder the thought of the attention to detail God has put into the uniqueness of their DNA. Gaze into their eyes and observe the intricate details of the Master's design. Take a moment to listen to the soft whisper of their breathing and understand that the very One that breathed life into you thought enough of them to do the same for them. ~ Dr. Rick Wallace

No comments:

Post a Comment