Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Smell The Flowers

Sometimes we spiritual leaders get caught up in the everyday pull of striving to please God and we lose sight of all that is important. A very close friend told me on yesterday that sometimes God just wants us to be. Simply to be. Stop stri
ving and just be. There are times he simply wants us to exist in His greatness while he works things out.

I know that this year, I have pressed harder than any year prior to fulfill my design and fill my space (for those that don't follow me on a regular basis, filling your space is living at the pinnacle of your potential). I have made sure to leave nothing on the field. In doing so, I have accomplished much, but I fear I have sacrificed even more.

Listen, to me and listen carefully. I know far too many pastors, bishops, and ministry leaders that are on the second and third marriages because they didn't figure this thing out. Yes, God did give us each a calling, but He also gave us priorities through which to balance our life. God, wife, family, ministry. This is the way it should be.

I will tell you that success and accomplishment without the ones you love is empty and it leaves you lacking. Yes, I fought this year like never before. I fought for each of you. To finish books that would inspire you, to research and write articles that would bless ministries to feed their sheep, opening charter schools to equip saints for the battle at hand. With all of this I almost did not take time to observe all that was around me.

Thank God that conversation woke me up on yesterday or I could have easily went into another year with the pedal to the metal headed down destiny lane without my destiny in tact.

Now with that being said, I praise God that he is a God of restoration. He restores and when He restores, He builds up, meaning He makes it better than it was before. Just ask Job.

For all of you that are out there grinding to no end chasing the deal, building the ministry, growing the congregation, writing your next book, take time to smell the flowers, they may not be there when you wake up. If you guys only know how much I love each of you. I have had ministers tell me that I won't last long in the ministry because I bear the burdens of those I serve. That is what I do I serve and I bear every pain. With that being said, fulfill your destiny; without a doubt, but don't leave half of it behind because you are moving too fast to notice when it needs to be maintained. ~ Dr. Rick Wallace

No comments:

Post a Comment