Thursday, October 18, 2012

Sold Out for the Cause!


Question: Are you willing to sell out for God? I mean truly sell out for God. I'm talking about putting yourself aside and living your life unto Him. Before you answer that question, give it some consideration. Be sure to measure up the cost. Be sure to understand the strain and struggle.

You see it is easy to sit down with your laptop or your smart phone and post enlightening and inspiring quotes and messages, but it is an entirely different situation to make up in your mind, for God I live and for God I die. It is an entirely different thing to lift your hands in praise while under the assault of the enemy.

Can you say with passion and honesty what Job said, "Though he slay me, yet will I trust Him"? Are you prepared to preach through your pain? Are you determined in your heart stand against all that moves against the Kingdom of God?

When you are weary and burdened beyond measure, will you answer the bell? Can you speak of joy while fighting back the tears of anguish and despair?

Does your ministry stop when you log off of your laptop or are you engaged in 24 hour warfare? Where are the real soldiers at? If I were Daniel, would any of you be Shedrach, Meshech or Obed-Nego? If I were David, would any of you be my Jonothan? If I were Paul, is there a Barnabas or Timothy out there willing to walk with me? Is there a Luke out there willing to stand as my spiritual physician?

You see, I have made the commitment. My life now belongs to God to use as He wills. My will has been bent by circumstance, heartache and struggle to mirror the will of my Father. I have signed my name in blood and I have changed my colors. The dye has been cast, my gait is set and steady, and my eyes are fixed on the finish line. I have purpose in my heart to fight the good fight of faith. I will no longer offer God anything less than my best because I know I can expect the same from Him.

I refuse to meander through the maze of mediocrity or ponder at the pool of popularity. I am a soldier of God, I am not fearing any man, for God is my shield. I am not deterred by any circumstance because the Lord is my light and my salvation.

I have decided to shake loose of all of the things that were binding me. I decided to shake loose of sight walking. I decided to shake loose from secular paradigms. I decided to shake loose of limitations being placed on my limited potential. I decided to shake loose from being concerned about what other people think of me, my ministry, and my vision. I shook loose of yesterday's failures. I shook loose of feelings of inadequacy, I shook loose of wishful thinking and started walking in purpose.

Yes, where are my soldiers at. When you are not able to sit behind the comfort of your Mac or PC, will you still declare His praise? When it seems that every word of praise intensifies the attack of the enemy, will you sing anyhow?

It is time to stand in the center of the battlefield and clearly declare your position. I have decided that I am taking back ground, what are you going to do?

NOTE: These are not rhetorical questions, each one needs to be met with a decisive answer. That is the problem, too many Christians have lived a life that has been on big rhetorical question. it is time to rise up and make a statement! ~ Dr.Rick Wallace










No comments:

Post a Comment