Thursday, August 1, 2013

Looking Ahead


There is a time in the life of every believer when they must take a deep breath, fix their eyes on their goal and refuse to look back.

12 Not that I have now attained [this ideal], or have already been made perfect, but I press on to lay hold of (grasp) and make my own, that for which Christ Jesus (the Messiah) has laid hold of me and made me His own.
13 I do not consider, brethren, that I have captured and made it my own [yet]; but one thing I do [it is my one aspiration]: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead,
14 I press on toward the goal to win the [supreme and heavenly] prize to which God in Christ Jesus is calling us upward. (Phil. 3:12-14, AMP)

So many of us are stuck in the past. Some are still consumed with heartbreak  and anger over what wrongs they have endured. Others are caught up in their past failures, while yet others are still relishing victories from the past. Let it go. You can never move forward looking back. Learn from your past, but leave it where it belongs. There is a reason it is called the past.

Dr. Rick Wallace

The Apostle Paul understood the importance of looking forward and pressing toward his goal. He acknowledge that he had not yet attained it, but it was his aim.

To many believers are suffering from an identity crisis. We have become lost. We don't know who we are, so we allow everyone else to tell us. We spend so much time attempting to fit in where we were never meant to be. We are trying to be accepted by those we were never meant be associated with.

Listen, design reveals purpose, purpose reflects identity and identity exposes destiny. You were designed for greatness, why settle for mediocrity? ~ Dr. Rick Wallace

No comments:

Post a Comment