Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Walking in Greatness


Walking in Greatness

I was adopted and reared by my great-grandparents. I thank God for the lessons that they taught me.
My Grandmother: "Son you were designed and created for greatness. God gifted you to move powerfully in His kingdom. Whatever you do, don't ever let anyone convince you otherwise. You will stumble and make mistakes, but that does not negate who you are. You may even venture off track, but that does not negate who you are. People will talk about you, but that does not negate who you are.
 
Baby, you will be misunderstood, misquoted, and flat out lied on, but that will not change who you are. Friends will leave you when you need them most. Others will abuse your love because they can't understand it. In return for your love, they will become your accusers, but they still can't change who you are. Son, you are anointed, gifted, powerful, purposed and sent. No human designated these things and no human can eliminate or destroy them. Son, you are called and sent by God; walk in it." Mrs. E. L. Wallace 

My Grandfather: "Son, if you listen to what I am about to tell you, you will be a great man in this world, not based on the standards of man, but based on the legacy you will leave behind for your descendants.

You will find yourself in one of three places throughout your life; going into a storm, in a storm, or coming out of a storm. When you find yourself in a storm, your first inclination will be to look for someone to blame; don't worry, the majority of the time you will not have to look much further than yourself.
 
When you find yourself in the storm, do not focus on the placing of blame. When you find yourself in the midst of a storm, your number one responsibility as a man is to insure that you come out of your storm a better man than when you entered it." C.D. Wallace

My great-grandparents taught me so much. They prepared me for life. They made sure that I understood who I was and what that meant. They also made sure that I understood that my gifts did not come with a guarantee of perfection.

I have made my share of mistakes. I have done things that I am not proud of, but by the awesome and unyielding grace of God, I can say like Paul, I am what I am. I have seen my share of storms, but I am still standing; adversity can't change who I am, it only validates it. I have had some naysayers that declared me unworthy of my calling, but they couldn't change who I am. I have had those people that spend their time with me reminding me of my past, but it doesn't dismantle or destroy my future. They can’t change who I am.

I learned through the lessons that were taught to me in that little home on Tite St. that there is an awesome power working in my life and the life of every believer that is willing to step onto the battlefield. I learned that there is a force working on the inside of me that is more powerful than any enemy or obstacle I will face. I learned that the Cross paved my way to victory long before my arrival. I leaned that I could shake myself loose from any diabolical scheme and every pernicious machination of the enemy.

Dr. Rick Wallace 
I want to encourage each of you reading this article to believe in who you are in Christ. Stop allowing others to label you and establish your worth and your power. Start walking in the anointed power of God. Set your sites on God's purpose for your life. There will be moments in which you will seem lost and maybe even stumble; don't ever allow someone to convince you to mortgage your future in an attempt to pay for your past. Mend the relationships that you can, change those things about you that are not of God, and move forward. Leave the past where it lies and focus on what the future holds for you. God wants to use you in a mighty way. Anyone that is not in your life to facilitate God's movement in your life has been sent by the enemy to distract you from it.  There is no neutral ground; there is either friend or foe.

I pray the awesome power of God in your lives. You are the blessed of God.  ~ Dr. Rick Wallace



No comments:

Post a Comment