Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The Time is Now!


In his last speech, Dr. Martin Luther King spoke of having a general and panoramic view of History, with the possibility of choosing in which era in history he would live.  As I begin to ponder that very possibility, my intellect attempts to keep pace with my vivid and seemingly infinite imagination.

If God were to come to me and say, “Rick Wallace you have access to the corridors of time, you may travel through history and choose for yourself the era in which you wish to live” With anticipation, I would travel back to creation and witness the magnificent and majestic power of God as He calls into existence the universe. I would observe with the attentiveness of an inquisitive youth, as He sets the boundaries of the seas. I would allow myself to become encompassed by the tranquility of perfect peace, and as easing as it would be to my soul, I wouldn’t stop there.
I would travel forward in time to witness a prophet by the name of Moses as he proclaims to a people that are destined to be a great nation: “Stand still and see the salvation of the Lord.” I would gaze into the moment with an intense perspicacity of the gravity that it bore. Though this would be both breathtaking and assuring, I wouldn’t stop there.
I would move through time and witness great kingdoms rise and fall. I would see the Egyptians and their great contributions in the way of architecture. I would observe the Chaldean, Persian, and Greek Empires and the wonderful standards of living they produced in relation to their time in History. Though this would be breathtaking, I wouldn’t stop there.

I would stop by the Parthenon in ancient Greece as philosophers and writers such as Socrates, Aristotle, Plato, and Aristophanes discuss the issues of life. As intellectually stimulating as this would be, I wouldn’t stop there.
I would move on past the fall of Greece and watch the rise of the Roman Empire. I would stop around A.D. 30 and observe the beginning of the ministry of the one who would ultimately expiate the sins of fallen man. Though it would validate my faith and intensify my passion for service, I would not stop there.

I would move on pass the fall of Jerusalem. I would stop briefly by 1517 and watch Martin Luther tack his 95 theses to the door of the church at Wittenberg. Though Luther’s launching of the reformation movement would bring a rising of the protestant church and reaffirm my doctrinal belief, I wouldn’t stop there.

I would move on up to the late 1700s and witness an English cleric and preacher by the name of John Wesley ignite the revival of the ages, as he proclaims: “Give me 100 men that fear nothing but God and hate nothing but sin and we will change the world.” Though this very statement would ultimately one day inspire me to persevere through to my destiny, I wouldn’t stop there.

No, I would ultimately end up here in 2013. With all that history presents, it is at this moment and beyond my destiny lies. Why here, why now? Never has there been a time in which the Word of God was so deficient in His people. Never has there been such a cry from the souls of people searching for the answers to the enigmatic quandaries of a spiritually dysfunctional society. Never has there been more of a need for the proper delineation and dissemination of Bible doctrine. We would be hard pressed to find a time in History where man had fallen so far from his designed purpose and destiny. Where is the man? Is he in the home? Is his righteous living visible in the community? Does he fulfill is filial responsibilities? Can his children find their worth through his love? Can his wife find the security of his love in his actions? Can God look upon him and see his thirst for righteousness and his passion to serve? Is he declaring in the way of Joshua, “As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord?”

 I’m afraid that today’s man has lost his way. Contemporary man has devised and settled in his own systems of selfish desires. He has fallen to the subtle but powerful machinations of the enemy.  The church has tilted on its axis and created multitudinous orifices through which the enemy has infiltrated the organism and converted it to an organization. Rites and sacraments stifle the power of faith and perseverance. It is time for the men of God to rise up and live out their destinies. It is time for the men of God to bear out the fruit of their salvation.  It is time for the men of God reclaim their place in the home. It is time for the men of God to resist the luring force of secular paradigms. It is time for the men of God to create a paradigmatic shift in the culture that surrounds us.

This is the moment and time in which I was meant to live. I was created for such a time as this. I invite those with a passion to serve. I invite those that yearn to be a worthy vessel and instrument through which God can function in this perverse society. I invite those that desire to leave an inheritance of righteous living for the subsequent generations. Who is willing to walk with me as we press toward a life that is indicative of the converted? This is not walk of ease, but it is one of reward.

As I often iterate, I do not preach from a platform of perfection. I do not claim to be perfect nor do I teach from the catwalk of condemnation. My calling comes from a heart that sees the consequences of our failures. As I strive to rise I invite every man to join me in rising to his design and destiny.

Ladies, I have not forgotten about you. I know that we as men have failed you. I understand that you have been pulled out of your primary design and find yourselves carrying a disproportionate part of the load. However, the failure of others can never be an excuse for your own fallibilities. You too have lost your way. You too have fallen victim to secular paradigms that produce erroneous behavior that is diametrically opposed to your very design. Your design is of greatness and purity. Your design is of directive purpose and strength.

“I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people,” (Ephesians 1:18, NIV)

Dr. Rick Wallace 
We were designed and created for awesome works and the building of the kingdom of God. Many will try to remind you of who you once were; others will speak with contempt and condemnation as they attempt to judge you because you don’t measure up in their eyes. I will tell you that the transforming power of the Holy Spirit is more than capable of bringing out the best in you. Rise up and be all that you were designed to be. If you are like me, you look into the mirror of the Word of God each day and you are reminded that there is still work to do. Don’t allow this to discourage you, in fact look back and visualize what you once were. My grandfather used to say, “As I evaluate my life I realize that I am not the man I should be, but I praise God that I am not the man I used to be.” My grandfather was able to see the need for growth, but he was also able to recognize the growth already obtained. You are on a progressive continuum towards spiritual maturity and ultimate sanctification; don’t be deterred by the finger pointing of others. Recognize that you are not where you should be and move toward your calling.

This is your time for elevation. This is your time for promotion. I encourage you to place God first and watch him move. Give God some praise as you began to move toward your destiny.

If you are serious about your walk and yearning to walk in the will of God, I invite you to join me as we ignite a spiritual revolution. Let the truly converted and redeemed of the Lord say so! Dr. Rick Wallace

Check out the additional resources:

No comments:

Post a Comment