Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Depth of Audacious Faith


"Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him..." (Job. 13:15)

In the midst of the most trying and devastating time of his life; while his friends falsely accused him, Job declared that even if God would take his life, he would trust him. I just want to take a minute to talk about this type of trust. I call this type of trust "audacious faith".

I see a lot of posts of self-proclaimed faith on different social-media sites and Facebook is no exception. The thing is that speaking about faith and living it is two totally different things. I am a preacher of faith. I understand the immense importance of faith in the life of the believer. When I began my ministry, one of my mentors told me to that when I preach faith I would have to live it. This year has been the darkest and most painful in my life. I have been attacked on every front. I have experienced loss in multitudinous ways. For the first time in my life, I literally thought I was going to break. I found myself facing the reality of walking in my words. No amount of reasoning could level out the rough places in my life.

There were times I wondered if God knew just how close I was to breaking. The truth is that He knew very well my state. The truth is that God was giving his testimony of my faith by placing me in a situation in which I had no choice but to use it. I was in a situation that extended beyond my intellectual prowess. I was being plagued by enigmatic conundrums that transcended my limited perspicacity of God's plan. What I did have was faith. I believed that God is God and that nothing is impossible with Him. I believed His promise that He would never leave me nor forsake me. I believed His promise that no weapon formed against me would prosper; no matter how it looked on the surface.

Although I could not understand why He was allowing the enemy to wreak immeasurable havoc in my life, I decided to trust Him with my life. I decided even if I lose my life, I will not relinquish my hope and trust in Him.  I do not dare compare my struggles this year with Job's devastation, but I know what it feels like to have darkness settle over my life with no sign of reprieve. I know the pain of loneliness while traveling though the darkness. I know the heartache of loss; however, I don't want you to feel sorry for me. In the midst of my darkness, God showed up and responded to my faith.

Audacious faith refuses to allow the circumstances in your life to dictate your state of mind. Audacious faith does not consider impossibility. Audacious faith does comprehend failure and acquiescence. Audacious faith is not shaken by the darkness. Audacious faith dares to trust God, even when it seems that God has chosen to destroy all that matters in your life.

I want to encourage you to learn to trust beyond your circumstance. Learn to stand beyond your pain. Learn to believe beyond your intellect and rationale. Learn to trust God with your life, even to the point of death; only then will you truly live. ~ Dr. Rick Wallace
http://focusedchristian.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment