Friday, June 29, 2012

Committed to Praise


I can't speak for anyone, but myself when I say that I will give God continual praise. David said that he would bless the Lord at all times and His praise would continually be in his mouth.

That takes a particular state of mind. This is a state of mind that is centered in gratitude not circumstance. I have taken this mindset. I will bless the Lord at all times and His praise will continually be in my mouth.

This means that my praise isn't contingent upon any fleeting or temporal circumstance. My proclivity for praise is not capriciously interconnected with the happenings of the day. My drive to praise and bless (speak well of) the Lord is not inextricably bound to any possession or personal relationship. My praise is not sustained by external or unpredictable forces. My praise is not conjoined to any metamorphic medium that changes with time. My praise is consistently pure even when the vicissitudes of life roll in like a flood. My praise cannot be shaken by life.

My praise is planted in the very seat of my soul and is driven by a heart of gratitude. I praise God for the good and the bad because he maneuvers through it all to bring about the best for my life. Yes, I can praise Him for the pain because the pain produces power. I can praise Him for the trials because the trials refine me. I can praise Him for the heartaches and disappointments because they teach me to lean on Him. I can praise him the Darkness because my Word tells me that God dwells in the darkness. I can praise Him for the setbacks because the setbacks teach me perseverance. I can praise Him for delays because delays teach me patience.

I have learned how to praise God despite the moment. I have learned how to praise Him irregardless to the circumstantial influences that impact my environment. I am committed to praise. The Word tells me that God inhabits (Dwells in; exists or situated within) the praises of His people. This assures me that God has taken up residence in the midst of my ordeal. He is riding the storm out with me. He is shepherding me through the darkness. God is dwelling in the fortress of my gratitude; He is honoring my tenacious persistence to honor Him. This is why David could say with confidence; although I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me. Praise understands that God is with me.

It is important that you understand that the praise I speak of is not empty. This praise is not perfunctory in nature, it is not drawn from obligatory compulsion, and it is not ritualistic or sacramental. This praise is drawn from the heart of faith. This praise originates in the very bowels of the soul and is based on relationship not religion. This praise aspires the dwelling of the object of its affection. This praise believes when there is nothing visible to believe in. This praise excels in the vacuum of pure faith and is inexorable in its passion to magnify the very source of its existence.

Very few have truly grasped a true comprehension of the power of praise. Praise is all too often underrated and misunderstood. Praise is not mystic; it’s spiritually organic; meaning that it is naturally created in the spiritual realm through surrender to the Holy Spirit and truth of God’s Word; and it is living spiritual organism. It is not the summoning of magic or mystical forces; it is the execution of the joy and peace of God guaranteed to every believer. Praise is the outward expression and acknowledgment of God’s sovereignty and His divine prerogative to move on behalf of those that are loyal to Him. Praise recognizes that every moment is ordained by God and even the bad things are working toward good. Praise envisions the outcome without giving predominate weight to the situation. Praise is produced when the spirit man sees the circumstance and decides to disagree it.   

I have but one more thing to say; Get your praise on!


Dr. Rick Wallace    

You can also check out blogs by Dr. Wallace

Life Solutions 21
The Invisible Father Syndrome
Anointed Inspirations

No comments:

Post a Comment