Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Hold On Until The End!


Hold on Until the End

"We are made partaker of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast unto the end" (Heb. 3:14).

It is the last step that wins; and there is no place in the pilgrim's progress where so many dangers lurk as the region that lies hard by the portals of the Celestial City. It was there that Doubting Castle stood. It was there that the enchanted ground lured the tired traveler to fatal slumber. It is when Heaven's heights are full in view that hell's gate is most persistent and full of deadly peril. "Let us not be weary in well doing, for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not." "So run, that ye may obtain." ~ Unknown

***

In the bitter waves of woe
Beaten and tossed about
By the sullen winds that blow
From the desolate shores of doubt,
Where the anchors that faith has cast
Are dragging in the gale,
I am quietly holding fast
To the things that cannot fail.

And fierce though the friends may fight,
And long though the angels hide,
I know that truth and right
Have the universe on their side;
And that somewhere beyond the stars
Is a love that is better than fate.
When the night unlocks her bars
I shall see Him--and I will wait.
--Washington Gladden

The problem of getting great things from God is being able to hold on for the last half hour. --Selected

"There is something to be said about waiting. Not just waiting, but waiting with expectation and anticipation of what awesome works God will perform in the midst of your patience. Yes, there is something to be said for waiting. I am speaking of waiting beyond reason, when others have written the obituary on your dreams. I am speaking of waiting and believing, even after the divorce has been finalized and its seems that your spouse has moved on.

I speaking of waiting with purpose, holding on with a tenacity that is inexorable and refuses to let go. I'm speaking of that final hour faith, when the doctor is shaking his head and is certain that soon you will be dead. I am speaking of waiting past logic; waiting past heartache; waiting past the midnight hour. Waiting for the Christian believer is patience expressed in faith. I dare you to wait.

Yes, there is something to be said for those that wait on the Lord. The greatest advancement in kingdom work is accomplished when the believer is told that all hope is lost, but yet he holds on as if he knows that God is not finished yet. In fact, waiting says that there is yet more to be done in this situation.

I encourage you to wait patiently for the Lord to move in your life. David said, "1 I waited patiently and expectantly for the Lord; and He inclined to me and heard my cry.
2 He drew me up out of a horrible pit [a pit of tumult and of destruction], out of the miry clay (froth and slime), and set my feet upon a rock, steadying my steps and establishing my goings.
3 And He has put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many shall see and fear (revere and worship) and put their trust and confident reliance in the Lord (Ps. 40:1-3, AMP).

God is prepared to put a new song in your heart when you are willing to wait patiently and expectantly for Him to move. ~ Dr. Rick Wallace

No comments:

Post a Comment